The living pictures from the Harry Potter books just became a reality. With Aurasma you can make still images come to life on your phone. What the app does is bring the physical and the virtual worlds together by adding video content to images. All of this can be done within minutes on the student’s iPhone, iPad or Android device.
Watch the Ted talk of Matt Mills explain the process.
I’ve got John F Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Sue Silvester hanging on my boring classroom walls. It would be great if I could have my kids make these come to life.
Some other uses I can see with this app.
- Video of answers in workbook with explanation.
- Link textbook content to Flip the Classroom style videos.
- Students makes videos of explaining content to peers.
- Any kind of drama lesson.
- Science fair/ project week displays for parents.
- Informational leaflets for school trips.
- Workstations with different instructions for different tasks set up in the classroom.
- Creating Harry Potter style newspapers.
- Showing objects or models in 3d in Science or Math lessons.
- Instructions for lab work.
You can try out any of the auras that have been made already by pointing your iPad or iPhone camera with the Aurasma app installed to the pictures on the Aurasma website.
Have you got any others to add? Put them in the comments and please share any of the videos that you have made.